MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
December 17, 2020
Dear Pantano Parents/Guardians,
Unfortunately, we have found ourselves in a place that we all hoped that we wouldn’t be, regarding the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on schools. On December 13, 2020, Supt. John Carruth notified you of the District’s decision to return to fully remote learning for the first three weeks of second semester. While the decision may interrupt our lives again, it is important to remember that the safety of ALL of our students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance to us.
Here is what you need to know in order to begin remote learning on January 4, 2021:
- We will return to a four period day. The daily schedule is attached.
- You will continue to utilize PowerSchool and the Big Blue Button to access your classes.
- Teachers will email you with the links to their individual classes, just as they did for remote as well as all students throughout Semester 1. The process will remain the same, EXCEPT for the class times.
- You will need to “log-in” to your class at the appropriate times and remain engaged and participate throughout the class in order to be marked “present”.
- Schedules will be sent to parent emails and to students who already have a school email. Look for them the week of December 28th-January 1st.
- We are currently working to create modules (new and improved packets) in an effort to keep students on track or for those students who wish to do more. We will provide additional information on these modules as we have it available.
- Students who need to check out a Chromebook, may pick one up at the school on Thursday, December 31st from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. or the morning of January 4th.
As we progress through the break, and have additional information to share, we will certainly do so.
We believe that extending the holiday break will allow the time necessary to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus and in turn, allow us to move more quickly back to the “normal” school year we all wish for.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Monica H. Wright